What is Ka Huna Bodywork ?
Ka Huna bodywork originated in the South Pacific and was used by a high-priest /healer (or high priestess) in temples during Rites of Passage as a transformational massage and healing system ( also known as Hawaiian Temple Style massage).
This beautiful form of bodywork provides a holistic approach to healing by balancing the body-mind in its physical, emotional and spiritual dimensions. I will consult with you about the current state of your being so the we can decided on the treatment focus for the sessionDuring the massage, it helps to focus your attention on your breath. Each inhalation offers a chance to draw fresh energy and inspiration into the body-mind. Each exhalation, an opportunity to dissolve tension, release anything that limits you and to deepen the experience of relaxation. If you experience discomfort or would like to express a particular need, feel free to communicate with me at any stage during the massage.
Ka Huna bodywork is unique in a number of respects. I use my hands, forearms and elbows and move around the table (using flowing Hula and Tai Chi style movements). I work with energy to apply soft and deep tissue massage.
Please remember to drink plenty of water after the massage as this assists in the detoxification process. Each bodywork session is a powerful form of healing that affects people differently. In the days following a massage, you may experience a range of emotions as various energies are still shifting. There is no need to worry. Simply observe your emotions without getting caught up in them and let them flow. The healing/cleansing effects and re-balancing of the body-mind can be felt for weeks after the treatment.
Who can receive Ka Huna Bodywork ? And what are the benefits ?
Every body, regardless of shape, age or state of health can receive Ka Huna Bodywork. Sessions offer excellent treatment if you are depleted or lack of vitality, feeling ungrounded or out of balance or are suffering pain. Those experiencing stress, anxiety, depression, exhaustion, physical discomfort or injuries, confusion, grief or loss may also benefit from a Ka Huna Massage. It can also support you if you’re dealing with ongoing illness, work or relationship issues.
Benefits include (but are not limited to):
- Instills a calming sense of peace and deep relaxation
- Releases deep-seated neuromuscular tension and allows energy to flow more freely
- Treats the lymphatic, immune, circulatory, respiratory and digestive systems to promote improved health and fitness
- Physically re-energising and rejuvenating
- Improves flexibility
- Helps to release fear, anger, grief and guilt as well as negative beliefs, self-criticism and confidence, joy, open-heartedness and trust
- Offers opportunity for self-awareness, self-acceptance and self-love
- Generates an overall sense of well-being, vitality and empowerment
- Healing of injuries faster and more completely
- Can lead to more happiness, love and balance in your life
- Beneficial during life transitions.
Seven Principles of Huna Philosophy
IKE… The world is what you think it is …
KALA… There are no limits; we are all one…
MAKIA… Energy flows where attention goes…
MANAWA… Now is the moment of power…
ALOHA… To love is to be happy…
MANA… All power comes from within…
PONO…Effectiveness is the measure of truth…
Blessings on your healing yourney